Product Care – Plated Jewellery
Due to the nature of plated jewellery we suggest following these guidelines to maintain your timepieces.
Following these steps will help ensure the longevity of your jewellery!
- Scented products such as perfumes, colognes and lotions contain chemicals that can react with plating and discolour or fade jewellery.
- Body chemistry and moisture can also effect a plated piece – a high skin PH balance will greatly speed up wear on a plated item.
- Plated jewellery should never be worn during activities that involve water such as showering or pool/beach activities as chlorine and salt water will effect plating.
- When removing jewellery for these purposes be sure to store in a dry area.
- Friction or contact with a hard surface can produce scratches or wear to the piece.
- If necessary, use warm water with a mild, fragrance-free soap to clean plated items. Gently pat dry with a clean cotton or microfiber cloth. Most jewellery cleaners contain chemical elements that will slowly wear and fade plating over time.
Product Care – 925 Sterling Silver
Polishing Sterling Silver is typically the best way to clean your Sterling Silver jewellery. Be sure to do the following:
- A silver polishing cloth formulated specifically to remove tarnish is effective in cleaning silver jewellery.
- Care should be taken to avoid exposing your silver to household chemicals when cleaning with bleach or ammonia, or when swimming in chlorinated water, as these chemicals can damage silver.